Weddings are a wonderful celebration of a new beginning. Here are some tips for making your BIG day an unforgettable one.
- Plan your day around your interests, hobbies and favorites. In other words, make it about you.
- Include your groom in wedding plans by involving his opinions and attractions. It’s a big day for him too, so have him feel important.
- Do not have a cash bar. Guests are there to celebrate with you, don’t have them reach for their wallets every time they want to make a toast.
- If you have a specific budget: serve wine and beer or have a signature cocktail, instead of a full bar.
- Seat your elders away from loud music.
- Don’t have your guests waiting on their feet for hours before the ceremony or reception. Schedule your time wisely.
- Send invitations 6-8 weeks before your wedding.
- Use music to set the mood throughout the rooms were guests will be. Silence can leave an awkward moment.
- Go over how you want your pictures with your photographer way ahead of time. By the way, consider a few black and white photos they are everlasting.
- Get personal with your favors; show your interests and style.
- Don’t forget thank you cards. No later than 3 months after the wedding.
- Have a glass of champagne, take a deep breath and enjoy!